- Formal Tertiary education: Grade 12
National Qualification in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
B.Eng. Mechatronics / BSc Information Technology
- Drivers Licence: Code 8- (required)
- English – Read, write and speak (required)
- Afrikaans – Read, write and speak (optional)
- German – Speak (advantageous)
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with control systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, in the engineering and automation field
- Sales Experience in Industrial Sector (Advantageous)
- Marketing Experience (Advantageous)
- Project Management Experience (Advantageous)
- Costing and estimation experience
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong technical background required
- Are you a dynamic engineer that possesses a mix of sales, consulting and technical skills? We are seeking a Solutions Engineer who is well-balanced across all of these skill sets and enjoy making the connection between buyer demands and technical solutions, from shaping the technical vision to productizing the offering, generating demand and closing the sale.
- Connect the product vision with customer use cases and desired outcomes
- Operate alongside ‘Digital Services director/executive to support the technical demands associated with presales customer acquisition (and in many cases, post sales customer retention).
- Obtain the clients requirements and data, to form a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s current workings.
- Converting quotations to orders based on technical and commercial negotiations with potential customers.
- Monitor Proof of Values or pilots throughout their life cycle to ensure the customer is satisfied and their requirements are met.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- During demonstrations and proof-of concept engagements, support hands-on data, configuration or setup work to demonstrate specific capabilities as required
- Have an understanding of desired customer business outcomes to analyze and message the alignment of product/service capabilities to support these objectives
- Incorporate both internal and client-facing responsibilities by maintaining an awareness of key strengths and weaknesses of competitive market offerings, alternatives and collaborating with product management regarding competitive intelligence. Engaging with clients to emphasize differentiation against those offerings
- Prepare and customize product demonstrations that cater to the needs of prospective buyers
- Coordinate across prospective clients and internal stakeholders to scope, schedule and execute POC and pilot engagements in support of sales motions
- Determine the level of effort and dependencies for presales and post sales project planning, along with managing, high-level project planning, technical lead and management efforts for engagements
- Balance the solution-relevant considerations of prospective sales motions in a collaborative manner with the account strategy and objectives defined by the sales director/executive
- Leverage the potential client’s business case to determine the appropriate mix, dependencies and integration of existing and future products and/or services to meet those needs while aligning to the sales strategy for the account
- Create and present solution-related content as a part of the overall messaging that educates prospective buyers throughout the buying journey.
- Integrate product/service and competitive knowledge with customer needs to address and overcome objections across the varied buyer stakeholders.
- While not an explicit responsibility, it is important that these demands are
clearly accounted for in addition to the core responsibilities of the role
- Solutions engineers commonly support a diverse geography locally and abroad and/or need to support spontaneous demands of their time that requires them to support travel on an as needed basis. This was historically in the range of 50% to 90%, but with the present day prevalence of virtual workplaces, this is far less common
- Establish an early and sustained consultative rapport across the prospective buying team that balances technical and business outcome objectives while understanding the organizational political landscape
- Overtime when required to meet deadlines
- Portray a positive image of Jendamark Automation at all times.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Jendamark Automation reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications will not qualify the applicant to an interview or appointment, as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please kindly consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after submission/closing date.