- Formal Tertiary education : N.Dip Mechanical Engineering/B.Eng Mechatronics
- Drivers Licence : Code 8 – required
- Languages :
- English – read, write & speak
- Afrikaans – read, write & speak (optional)
- German – read, write & speak (optional)
- Experience in mechanical design within the automation field
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings
- Working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD software
- Concept generation (Mechanical design, layouts and assembly processes)
- Cycle time calculations and validations
- Process engineering experience (advantageous)
- Costing & estimation experience
- Sales & Marketing experience (advantageous)
- Project management experience (advantageous)
- To develop innovative mechanical and process solutions that satisfy customer requirements and lead to new project orders
- To keep Jendamark Automation at the forefront of technology
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Developing JMK assembly solutions for enquiries brought in by sales personnel.
- Developing process breakdowns and performing cycle time analyses.
- Creating concept machine and layout designs
- Obtaining quotes for components used in proposed solutions
- Supporting KAM during customer presentations and if required during negotiations.
- Researching the latest technical developments i.e. new components, software packages, machining methods.
- Together with KAM, prepare all the relevant documentation for the hand over to projects department.
- Maintaining quality of solutions offered by JMK.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Jendamark Automation reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications will not qualify the applicant to an interview or appointment, as only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please kindly consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after submission/closing date.