Do you enjoy configuring and optimizing industrial processes from inception, through to start up and commissioning as well on consulting on-going continuous improvements? We are looking for engineers with a mix of start-up energy and a passion for new technologies. This is your chance to get hands on experience with a wide range of next generation industries and applications. As Africa Tech Company of the year 2022 award winner, where we are building “app stores for factories” and assisting manufacturers to be agile and digital first. Some of the most exciting business apps integrate the best of technologies from IOT, Computer Vision, AI, and Cloud and Edge Computing. As a process engineer, you will be improving our customers’ processes for optimal part quality, flexibility and cycle times by analysing the data and insights generated from the various applications.
- Formal Tertiary education: BSc in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- English – Read, write and speak (required)
- Afrikaans – Read, write and speak (optional)
- Drivers Licence: Code 8 (required)
- 2 years’ process / production experience (Advantageous)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Advantageous)
- Experience with automotive manufacturing environment (Advantageous)
- MS Office
- Autodesk Inventor
- MS Projects
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Developing, configuring and optimizing industrial processes and perform on-going continuous improvement consulting
- Detailed cycle time analysis for every assembly process and production line
- Supporting the KAM and Innovation Engineers during the sales phase, by developing the required production line processes.
- Improving the developed processes through the design phase and supporting the Design Team in this regard.
- Providing the final process by doing actual component builds and production line runs during the internal commissioning phase.
- Understanding how to and performing full setup, configuration of production line management systems, such as Odin Workstation
- Improving processes where possible for optimal part quality, production line flexibility and cycle times.
- Performing process simulations
- Updating of online work instructions using Odin Workstation Configuration software
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
- Liaising with Innovations Engineers to develop best possible production line layouts, with regards to logistic walking times and ergonomic working zones.
- Facilitates training of software for Operator, Process Engineer and Line management.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Jendamark Automation reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications will not qualify the applicant to an interview or appointment, as only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please kindly consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after submission/closing date.