Experience: 10 years
- Create and maintain all Odin software applications
- Design new applications and services to make better use of hardware and emerging technologies including web apps
- Testing and Troubleshooting of current Odin development versions and Customer on premise environments
- To take technical ownership over projects assigned to him in order to deliver project solutions on time and budget.
- To be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
- To consider systems performance requirements.
- To design and build solutions in a manner that enables different technical teams to work together in an efficient manner.
- To be aware of the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- To write clean and healthily structured, well documented code.
- To follow consistent processes set by the team while looking to offer constructive suggestions around new tools and ideas to enhance processes.
- To review your project progress and feedback clearly to your manager
- To be aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks and adhere to known industry standards.
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies.
- To give training to all new employees, complete the ISO process and add the user into the system, and update user’s permissions when required.
- To make sure all systems developed and future developments follow the ISO processes.
- Assist all users if they require assistance on the systems and help them arrive at a solution
- Assist users if there is an error, by researching the error, possible database querying, possibly reporting the issue to the third-party company that developed the system or solve the problem in-house.
- To maintain the database and make sure that all information is correct and is accessible at all times
- Determining what departments are affected with enhancements/developments and consult with the employees/HOD’s
- Determine if a quote is required for enhancements needed by the third-party company, check the quote and determine if the outcome is worth the expense.
- Have an understanding of the business ethics, financial understanding, ISO processes and a general understanding of how the business runs such as budgets, BOM’s (mechanical/electrical), how purchasing runs, etc.
- Assessing the needs of a department/branch and come up with a solution is plausible and that can be implemented
- Travelling to other locations to implement systems, which will include setting up the systems, databases/servers, training the users on the Odin application, maintain support and control of the system in ensuring that all users are using the application correctly
- NET MVC
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Object orientated programming skills and principles
- MS SQL Server (Database first approach)